Open Enrollment and Preschool/Kindergarten Registration Window for the 2022-23 School Year Opens December 1
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for your partnership as we continue to advance the academic success and well-being of our students. St. Vrain Valley Schools is proud to offer a wide-range of rigorous academic focus programs that give your student a choice in selecting a school that best aligns with their interests. In order to choose a school that best fits your educational goals, St. Vrain offers an open enrollment and preschool/kindergarten registration window for the upcoming school year. This year’s window is December 1-15, 2021. While open enrollment and preschool/kindergarten registration continue after this timeframe, choice programming may be limited.
Open enrollment is an opportunity to request that your student attend a school of choice, which is outside of their attendance area. In-district students applying to a school outside of their attendance area, as well as students who do not live within district boundaries but want to attend a school in St. Vrain are required to complete this application form.
You do not need to apply for open enrollment:
- If you plan to attend your attendance area school
- If you are attending a school through open enrollment currently
- If you are registering your student for preschool
The open enrollment process is fully online:
- There is no waiting in line.
- Families can apply for multiple students from a computer, phone or tablet, without going to each school and will receive an emailed confirmation of receipt.
- Visit the Enrollment and Registration webpage to learn more and to apply to your school of choice. Charter schools use a different process. Please contact them directly.
- If your student is currently open enrolled in grade 5 or grade 8 and you wish to stay in that feeder system, you will need to open enroll your student into your school of choice.
- Need assistance with technology or the online application? Please contact any school’s main office for support.
Open enrollment timeline:
December 1 – 15, 2021: Create an account and submit your open enrollment applications online.
January 17, 2022: Deadline to be notified via email and the family dashboard of application status.
February 1, 2022: Deadline to accept the offer of open enrollment via the family dashboard.
The Preschool and Kindergarten Registration window for the 2022-2023 school year is also December 1-15, 2021:
- Open enrollment does not apply for preschool. Learn more about preschool in St. Vrain Valley Schools.
- Open enrollment does apply for kindergarten. Learn more about kindergarten in St. Vrain Valley Schools.
If you have any questions about the application process, please do not hesitate to contact the enrollment team at 303-702-7908.Thank you for your continued support as we partner to advance student learning and academic growth.
St. Vrain Valley Schools’ Enrollment Team